Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Venetian Dream Quilt Top

Last week I needed more room on my wall for new projects, so I took this top down that I completed about a month ago. It's called Venetian Dreams, and I love it!! It's perfect for those large scale prints. Here is some pics, and any waviness is due to it laying in the grass! LOL, I promise it is very straight (for the quilt police).




I also joined in October a monthly Doll Quilt Swap that is hosted on the quiltingboard.com . Here is what I came up with:




Here is the one I received from my swap partner:



She was also so kind enough to send me a handmade doll, which I love.

This month's theme for Nov. is "What are you Thankful for?", and I am already working on my partner's DQ for this month. She informed me yesterday that she has mailed mine! Yeah!!

I am also participating in a Secret Santa Swap on that same board, and today was the deadline to mail out that package. I mailed mine, and waiting to hopefully get my package in the mail soon! I am stalking the mailman daily until they arrive >:)

I have a list of 5 quilts that I am working on for Christmas for my hubby, 2 sons and 2 daughters! I already have hubby's top most of the way finished, and hope to get it loaded on the frame and quilted this weekend. Then onto the next!! I better get a move on it.

I celebrated my 35th birthday this past Sat., and it was a really nice b-day. Nothing over the top or special, but it was just really nice :) Now if I can only STOP at 35!!! LOL!

I would like to touch note briefly on my months of leave of absence from my blog. I am usually a really,really private person, but I had some complicated health issues I was dealing with for a while. After going through some tests, and getting things for the most part figured out, and going on some new medications I am mostly back to my old self. Other than that I will leave it at that, and say that I must stay on top of my health as I am a cancer survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment