Thursday, April 12, 2012

Just Some Ramblings...

Yesterday, I finished up 6 sets which equal 18 blocks for the Funky House Swap (I will post a pic later today). I done some birdhouses yesterday and they turned out really cute.

The definition of "Funky" for this swap. means  that you have creative licences to well get creative, wonky, and funky with them, and that they can or preferably cannot be traditional. I have noticed while working on these funky blocks that it was hard for me to get funky. I am creative sure, but to totally feel free and get wonky was really hard for me. This quilt board that I am doing these blocks for encourages alot of funkiness, and it's something I need to work on. I got there a little bit with the skewed window stitching, so little steps at a time. I am not a "traditionalist" at all and I do love me some funky fabrics, and I love,love,love altered art (but yet to find time to try it). I think I need to let my creative spirit free, and looking back at this swap I think it's from years of  striving for "perfect piecing" that may be a culprit, and I need to realize it's OK if it's Not perfect :)

On another note, I want to share some of my 12-year old daughter's origami. She has been doing this for several years now, and like me she is self taught through books and YouTube. She can look at something and figure out how they done it if it doesn't have instructions - amazing isn't it. She is also good at drawing and making the friendship bracelets. She made a bracelet a few weeks back that look like a DNA helix!!

The day I was taking pics of my quilts last week she snapped a few pics of her latest origami creations, and I wanted to share them.

                                            
                                            Her swan she made with pastel Spring colors.


                                                Side view ...

                                  
                                              Her penguin, and it's sooo adorable and I requested it!! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment