Sunday, April 15, 2012

Funky House Blocks....

As mentioned in my earlier post I was going to share pics of my Funky House Blocks that I made for a swap. Also, I explained how I struggled with the "funkiness" to get funky...hehehe. This is what I came up with for my blocks:






Now, I have moved onto some other swaps - have I mentioned that I consider myself a swapping queen??? lol!! I am currently working on some blocks for a Mini Paper Pieced Block Swap, A Spring Quilt Swap, and a Pincushion swap. I have some other swaps on the agenda, but will get to those soon. I keep a schedule, and things marked on the calendar! I am also hosting 2 swaps - a Batik Sampler Swap and a Churn Dash Swap. It's so fun to enjoy a quilt made with the help of friends.

On another note, the kids go back to school tomorrow from Spring Break, and I hate to admit it, but I am going to be kinda glad to have the break from cooking for 6 people everyday, but then again, it will be summer soon! I had to help type up a project for my 8th grade son this evening. He done all the work on the report, and wrote up his rough draft, and he attempted to type it up himself, but mom is a faster typer, and more grammatically correct - most of the time anyway...LOL!

My sewing area, which is quite large and spacious in the basement, is of course downstairs, and I like to come upstairs and be around the family after 8 pm most of the time. I do like to bring something up with me cause I want to keep getting stuff accomplished, so tonight I am going to work on the handwork on the pincushions, and make some copies for my next 12 patterns for the mini paper piecing swap, and get started on the freezer paper templates for the appliques for the Spring swap... I like to keep something quilty handy, as I don't care that much for TV.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment