Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pincushion and Sunday Ditherings

It has been a lazy Sunday around here today. It has been chilly and rainy all day here in Western NC!

I hung out with Bonnie Hunter on her Quilt Cam from 2-4 this afternoon. I have just recently started watching her this week, and I am hooked! Love her and her way of doing things. She has a mystery going on right now called Easy Street. If you are interested in checking her out here is where you can find her : Quiltville's Quilts & Snips . She doesn't do Quilt Cam everyday, but several times a week. She encourages you to bring a project and sew along with her :)

While watching Bonnie, I worked on a cross stitch Christmas ornament. I will try and to remember to snap a few pics of my work in progress.

After watching Bonnie, I sent hubby to the grocery store to pick up a few things for me, and I made homemade (not from a can) sloppy joes, with the trimmings, including homemade coleslaw, along with tater tots. If you like sloppy joes, and use the can mix, once you make them homemade you will NEVER use the can stuff again. So delish! If anyone wants the recipe let me know. They are really easy to make!

After supper, the time had been set-up to open up our Secret Santa over on the Quilting Board, that I had mention in some earlier posts. It was so much fun opening up the box and seeing what your SS sent you. It's always fun to see what another quilter will send you, but you will at least get something you want ;) I will post pics tomorrow of all my goodies. I loved everything, and a special thank you goes out to Deborah/hearthhush!

I received this lovely pincushion from Sara/saraaev from the Quilting Board this week, and wanted to share a pic of it. I forgot to take a pic of the pincushion and goodies that I sent her :( I usually am pretty good about remembering to take pics before sending... I guess I just had a "duh" moment..lol! I love it, and she set the pins you see with it. I love the two decorative pins. I use to make them, but haven't in awhile.


Well tomorrow is Design Wall Monday, and I hope to post then :) Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)
 

1 comment:

  1. I have never made a pincushion. I want to very much so. Yours is so nice!!! Looks hard to make though.

    ReplyDelete